TO SAVE A LIFE is now in over 400 screens in theaters nationwide. To Save A Life is a powerful Indie movie about the real-life challenges of teens and their choices. But it’s more than just a movie-it’s a feature-length film with follow-up opportunities like a youth group curriculum and a teen devotional centered around the biblical concept that we’re never more like a Higher Power than when we are reaching out to the hurting and lonely. Watch trailer below.
At some point, every teen has to decide: “What’s my life going to be about?” To Save A Life dares to bring that question into their world, encouraging them to answer it with boldness and honesty.
ABOUT TO SAVE A LIFE
An all-star athlete and his girlfriend find their lives spinning out of control when Jake loses a childhood friend. Help comes when he reaches out to others who are hurting, and he realizes some people are just dying to be heard.
The movie asks…
- How far would you go?
- How much would you risk?
- How hard would you fight…TO SAVE A LIFE
To Save A Life has also created a website for resources for parents. Teen depression is very real. Parents need to be aware of the warning signs and symptoms.
There are several symptoms of teen depression. Among them are:
- Withdrawing from family and friends
- Losing interest in social and extracurricular activities
- Displaying a lack of energy, Feeling tired most of the time
- Anxiety, Irritability, Anger,Feelings of sadness for much of the time
- Significant weight fluctuations
- Sleep pattern changes
- Physical pains and aches, or sickness, even though there is nothing physically wrong
- Indifference about the future
- Uncharacteristic pessimism,Guilty feelings
- Lowering self-esteem
- Suicidal thoughts
There are two main types of teen depression. These include:
- Major depression: This type of teen depression is of short duration, although it is quite severe. It is possible to have a bout of severe depression, feel fine for a few months (or even years), and then have another bout. For teens, though, even one bout of severe depression can feel as though it will never end and prompt a suicide attempt.
- Dysthymia: Dysthymia lasts much longer than major depression, and the feelings are not as severe. Some teens have this low level depression plague them for years without having it diagnosed. This type of depression can also lead to teen suicide if the teenager becomes discouraged with never feeling happy.
Another type of teen depression has to do with life changes. It is called adjustment disorder with depressed mood, and it can be the result of the death of a loved one, divorce, moving to a different town, or even changing schools. This, too, can lead to teen suicide if the teenager feels hopeless, and that the feeling will never end.
This film helps educate parents, teachers, and others that work with today’s teenagers as well as will bring an awareness to teens and allowing them to know that we do care. Growing up today is not easy; Peer pressure, drug abuse, gangs, trends, sex and more is what many kids are facing on a daily basis.
Currently To Save a Life is playing at Regal Cypress Creek Station 16 in Ft. Lauderdale. For more information and theaters near you, visit http://www.tosavealifemovie.com/tickets/.
Watch the trailer below. Be an educated parent – you will have safer and healthier teens.