What is your teen’s relationship reality? Do they understand that a relationship is built on trust and respect? It is more than going out on a few dates, it is more than spending hours on the phone or texting each other continuously.
The decisions your teen make about their relationships matter a lot – both in the short-term and in the long-term. So, Stay Teen has collected some facts, tips, and feedback from teens about what makes a healthy relationship and how to avoid an unhealthy one.
Tips for healthy relationships:
- Just because you think “everyone is doing it,” doesn’t mean they are. Some are, some aren’t — and some are lying.
- There are a lot of good reasons to say “no, not yet.” Protecting your feelings is one of them.
- You’re in charge of your own life – don’t let anyone pressure you into having sex.
- You can always say “no” — even if you’ve said “yes” before.
- If you’re drunk or high, you can’t make good decisions about sex. Don’t do something you might not remember or might really regret.
- Sex won’t make him or her yours and a baby won’t make them stay.
FACT: Most teens say it is not embarrassing to be a virgin. – Stay Teen
Encourage your teen to take the StayTeen.org quiz today!
Be an educated parent, you will have healthier and safer teens.