Whether it is texting, instant messaging, or social networking – do you really know what your teenager is saying? They seem to have their own language and codes for things parents may not approve of.
One of my favorite new sites is Enough is Enough! And how many times as parents do we say this?
Do you feel overwhelmed about protecting children from the dangers of the virtual world?
When it comes to teens it can be more difficult and even more important to be a parent in the know.
Let’s start with 50 Acronyms Parents Should Know:
(Courtesy of Enough is Enough and NetLingo)
- 8 – Oral sex
- 1337 – Elite -or- leet -or- L337
- 143 – I love you
- 182 – I hate you
- 1174 – Nude club
- 420 – Marijuana
- 459 – I love you
- ADR – Address
- AEAP – As Early As Possible
- ALAP – As Late As Possible
- ASL – Age/Sex/Location
- CD9 – Code 9 – it means parents are around
- C-P – Sleepy
- F2F – Face-to-Face
- GNOC – Get Naked On Cam
- GYPO – Get Your Pants Off
- HAK – Hugs And Kisses
- ILU – I Love You
- IWSN – I Want Sex Now
- J/O – Jerking Off
- KOTL – Kiss On The Lips
- KFY -or- K4Y – Kiss For You
- KPC – Keeping Parents Clueless
- LMIRL – Let’s Meet In Real Life
- MOOS – Member Of The Opposite Sex
- MOSS – Member(s) Of The Same Sex
- MorF – Male or Female
- MOS – Mom Over Shoulder
- MPFB – My Personal F*** Buddy
- NALOPKT – Not A Lot Of People Know That
- NIFOC – Nude In Front Of The computer
- NMU – Not Much, You?
- P911 – Parent Alert
- PAL – Parents Are Listening
- PAW – Parents Are Watching
- PIR – Parent In Room
- POS – Parent Over Shoulder -or- Piece Of Sh**
- pron – porn
- Q2C – Quick To Cum
- RU/18 – Are You Over 18?
- RUMORF – Are You Male OR Female?
- RUH – Are You Horny?
- S2R – Send To Receive
- SorG – Straight or Gay
- TDTM – Talk Dirty To Me
- WTF – What The F***
- WUF – Where You From
- WYCM – Will You Call Me?
- WYRN – What’s Your Real Name?
- zerg – To gang up on someone
Be an educated parent – you will have safer teens!